Wednesday, September 23, 2009

No One Sleeps on Tour

So I am starting to think that no one sleeps on tour. Was up til two this morning and fifty people were still up and running around, then when i got up at 8 today everyone was up already. Well today was the first day of the "eat and greet" menu today, highlighting Zac Brown's recipes, cooking for 75 people in three hours, 8 items, all fresh and homemade. Pork Tenderloin with Zac Brown's sauce Beef Tenderloin with his rub, and his pocket knife cole slaw, Rusty's cheddar stone grits and collard greens, i made the herb vinegarette for a medi salad, fresh bread roles, and cookies. Cant get into the specifics of the recipes for the "eat and greet" cause they will be selling the sauce and rub, but i will fill you in when i get to start on my own recipes for the non-eat n greets. So far it's a lot of damn work, but nothing truly great that you want should never be too easy. That has never made as much since for me until this day. All in all good things. My life will get alot easier when i have some helpers and runners at my disposal to delegate, and hopefully ease my load. Tomorrow is the first day of the tour near raleigh, NC. My day begins when the bus arrives at eigtht, setting up "riders" (-food and beverage requests filled by the venue coordinators for every show) for each of the three tour busses. It's a pretty funny list with some strange requests, some of you may have heard of the green m&m's stories from i believe Alice Cooper, well that is in the "rider" request. Then I immediately go into the prep for the eat and greet, followed by clean up then i should be all done by 8pm (i'm hoping). Then repeat the whole process for the rest of the weeks dates.

I love cooking, so far we have got nothing but the kindest compliments for the food we've done. As far as saying it's the best food they have ever had on a catered venue. lol. We haven't even got to playing around with some realy fun healthy foods yet! I am once again feeling that this is gonna continue to be a surreal experience and one hell of a time. The truly hardest part is being away from my loved ones. If that is the hardest thing to deal with, aside from the hours and stress, then i dont think i could be at all disappointed. Well thanks again as always for caring enough to follow my blog. Look for some more pictures as my job is better understood. Time to crash and kick some ass tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff, Josh...so what's the deal during the shows or do you know that schedule yet? Can you go watch them or will you be still filling requests/cleaning up, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can watch them but my schedule is pretty full with clean up and pack up, but as I get in my groove i will be able to see more and more.

    ReplyDelete

Zac Brown Band Music

Followers