Monday, October 12, 2009

Week 2 Day 3 (Recipe #1) The wrong side of the bed (if I had more than one side to get out of)

Hello everyone! So Austin was awesome, but I wish I could say the same for my day in Oklahoma City. I wake up a little hungover to another day of pouring rain, and no help (yes the rain continues). Just a nightmare day, I wake up thirty minutes late. My tents were set up in a mud marsh. The venue decides to not get anything but lunch meat on our 150 item rider list. As if that wasn't bad enough, the stuff they did give was left in a container of spoiled crab juice. My gosh I want to strangle someone in this city if they dont get something right, but after some good thoughts and pushing forward we manage to pull off another. Zac Brown Band's eat and greet keeps going smoothly, all the attendees and the staff pulled through for us after the rocky start and everyone keeps loving what we are putting out there. Enough to be creating quite the buzz. Unfortunately I don't have much else to report about this stop, I figure now would be the perfect time to give you all a recipe. Please try and enjoy and I'm sorry i do not give exact measurements. I learned how I will try and teach you, through tasting and care, i think anyone can find a passion in cooking.




KICK ASS MASHED POTATOES

  • First cut and boil your potatoes (any kind will do), and don't be afraid to leave the skin on
  • When potatoes are done strain and put them back in the pot they were boiled in
  • Using a HAND MASHER ADD...
  1. Heavy Whipping Cream (1% lightest milk for healthier version)
  2. Cream Cheese
  3. granulated garlic
  4. Unsalted Butter
  5. Pepper (white or black)
  6. Salt (any kind)
  • Pour the Whipping Cream in first, so you can mash the potatoes to the consistency you prefer (Tip: Add little by little of the the cream then the easier it gets the closer you are to a smooth consistency)
  • I dont give amounts of ingredients cause I encourage everyone to use this first recipes as a means to test your palat, Add each ingredient in small doses, and if you think it's missing something add more. You'll feel better about yourself that you can add ingredients and rely on taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zac Brown Band Music

Followers