Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Best Summary I can give for days 3 and 4

Day 3

Hello my friendly followers out there! Sorry it was a little tough to stay on top of the first week (as i thought it would be), but for those of you who were waiting for an update for the end of the first week, then wait no longer. My help in Charlotte (day 3) were on the ball today (progressively better each day) keeps making things look better and better. In my opinion today was the best eat and greet we have put together thus far, I feel today was the most tender I have gotten the meat all tour, and we are finally getting in that groove of perfect timing for the whole meal, so everything is coming out hotter and fresher than the day before. So after day 3 I am blessed with my first day off for a festival in Maryland. Zac Brown Band's set (the parts i caught anyway) was awesome at the Fillmore, and the staff there were on top of everything we and the weather could throw at them. Big ups to the staff and Janeane (sp?) an alum from my high school who is now GM of the facility.

Day 4

Not much to report on day 4 except that, today was the first time this tour I was off and able to catch a whole Zac Brown Band set from start to finish. I must say not coming into this tour as a regular fan of country, I am starting to remember all the sounds of the comfort and peace that i have spent my whole life surrounded by, whether it be just living in Georgia or through my father's love and passion for music. It all boils down to good soulful music, speaking to the best of southern tradition and ideals. I might say this entirely too much but I LOVE MY JOB! You don't have to be from a certain area, or only like a certain type of music to appreciate that there is something to be found deep within all of us that music fulfills. It's one of those absolute undeniable connections in all of us. From Rap to Country, the power to it all is always the music itself not the lines we draw to separate us.

As far as the food we have had different catering each day for each venue, but til we lock down our eat and greet, we are stuck cooking the same things for the next few stops. Through friendly conversation and connections with other traveling chefs, I have been able to learn a great deal of things of how my life as a chef can keep growing and improving. Like the cliche "practice makes perfect", lol but too damn true. So util Dallas in a few days, thank you always all ways. Feel free to spread this to anyone you like, and i swear there will be recipes and home favorites i will be posting soon, and if i can ever get my camera working right or charged then there will be video soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zac Brown Band Music

Followers